April 26, 2010 -- updated May 8, 2010
Naomi's Facebook page
Shortly after birth Naomi developed AthetoidCerebral Palsy due to severe jaundice, resulting in damage to her basal ganglia located in the mid-brain. She is presently three years old and after many different therapies she can now hold her head up for most of the time, sometimes roll over, and more effectively cough and swallow.
One of the therapies she is using, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT, helps those with Cerebral Palsy by bringing extra oxygen to damaged brain cells. If this treatment is started early and is done frequently, these dormant cells can begin to function and this contributes to significantly improved CP symptoms.
Every three months, Naomi’s mother and her five siblings travel to a clinic for 40 HBOT treatments in 20 days with a cost of $4,000. The family stays in the home of the clinic owner during the therapy while Naomi’s father stays back home to work.
BENEFITS OF A PERSONAL CHAMBER FOR NAOMI
• A personal hyperbaric chamber for Naomi will allow her to
receive treatments as often as needed and is expected to speed the
results from her therapies
HOW TO PARTICIPATE -- GOAL REACHED May 16, 2010!!
• Our fundraiser is sponsored by LifeNets, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization which will provide a tax donation receipt for your contribution,www.lifenets.org
• Donations can be sent to 3707 TurfwayCt, Indianapolis, IN 46228,
• Donations should reference "Naomi HBOT for Home Fund" in check memo
• 100% of donations will go to the purchase and support of the chamber
(May 16, 2010)
Donate by Credit card.