|Pamela and Ralph Redline of LifeNets, joined Country Morning
Today Monday morning to talk about their upcoming Tri-athalon
and changes to the event this year.
This year, they have changed the format from a single day
activity to a self-paced event to be completed over a 40 day
time span. The goal is to include athletes from all over North
America in the triathlon. With this format, people can all
participate at the same time on a nation-wide scale. This format
also allows LifeNets to invite participants from all over the
world to participate as many nations know of LifeNets and their
works around the world.
The event will begin on Sunday, July 26, 2009 and must be
completed by Thursday, September 3, 2009. All data must be
turned into LifeNets by 12:00 midnight on September 13th.
• Ultra Ironman: 5 mile swim, 52 mile run/walk, 220 mile bike
• Ironman: 4 mile swim, 26 mile run/walk, 110 mile bike
• Tinman: 3 mile swim, 13 mile run/walk, 55 mile bike
• Olympic: 2 mile swim, 6.3 mile run/walk (10k), 25 mile bike
• LifeSprint: 1 mile swim, 3.2 mile run/walk (5k), 15 mile bike
• MiniSprint: ½ mile swim, 2 mile run/walk, 10 mile bike
Entry Fee: $25.00/person. For more information log onto